The funeral home was originally established in 1905 by Mr. W.J. Brownlee. At that time it was located on Main Street in the village of Finch. In keeping with the growth of the area Mr. W.J. Brownlee and his son W.G. Brownlee purchased it’s present location at 18 Front Street Finch in 1950. Mr. W.G. Brownlee received his embalmer’s license in 1920 after graduating from the Canadian School of Embalming. W. Barry Brownlee in keeping with family tradition became a partner in his father’s business in 1970 after receiving his embalmer’s license in 1967 from the Canadian School of Embalming. In 1986 Barry opened a second location in the village of Ingleside due to the growth in this area.
In March of 2000, David MacDougall purchased the funeral homes from Barry. Dave obtained his Funeral Director’s license from Humber College in 1986. With the Ingleside area growing rapidly, the need for a larger facility became evident. Dave opened a new larger funeral home located on Highway # 2 overlooking the St. Lawrence River.
Dave along with Barry and licensed funeral director Dean MacGillivray are committed and honored to provide dignified and affordable funeral service to the families that we are privileged to serve in various communities.